After discussion we decided to go with the zombie apocalypse film as we felt we could make it look more realistic than the rest of the ideas. After this I decided to do a bit of research into some films of the same genre.
Day of the Dead
I felt that the titles shown in this didn't go with what they were filming at all, using a bright red on in contrast of the colors in the background looked very out of place. However the filming itself worked very well, moving the camera faster and slower with the added suspense music on the background showed us straightaway that the film was going to be a thriller. The quick changes in between clips and enhanced sounds of things like flies definitely added that bit of fear for the viewer.
I Am Legend
The I am Legend opening is a lot more slower paced than the previous clip. It starts off with a news reported asking a scientist about a new miracle cure. It is obvious that this is a flashback and something has gone wrong with the cure just from knowing what kind of genre it is and trailers watched previously. I think an opening like this definitely works better than going straight into the action as it makes the viewer want to know whats gone wrong and makes it a little more interesting.
28 Days Later
This film opened in the same way as I Am Legend by showing a news style TV programme, however this one is just a compilation of riots and violence. As the camera zooms out from the television it shows a chimp strapped down being shown to watch this broadcast. As this is going on some masked intruders have broken into the laboratory while this is going on. I like the style in which this is filmed as it starts out with some action but it gives nothing away so early on in the film.Shaun of the Dead
![]() |
| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZmjsWAfn14 |
![]() |
| http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uUHamXmUAI |
This film is much like Shaun of the dead in that it is a parody of the zombie film genre however its opening is very different. Straight away you get into the film as a woman smashes through a car window. It shows a variety of different professions getting attacked by zombies. I think the rock track on the background gets the viewer into the film straightaway and you know its going to be an action packed watch




No comments:
Post a Comment